Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sail ON!!!


Seems like time passes so swiftly these days. With Steven working out of town my life is consumed with church and work. No time to keep a blog updated. But here I am refusing to go to work on Saturday morning and enjoying my hot cup of Java. Woke up with a massive head-ache this morning and knew it was just what the doctor ordered.:):) Ya know the longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me, is more than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It's more than appearance, or a skill that you might posses. I watched through the years and attitude will make or break a church, a home or even a company. I used to walk in a restaurant and say the attitude of the manager will make or break this thing and I have seen it come to pass in the Chili's near our home. I guess the remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. The unfortunate thing is we cannot change our past.....we cannot change the fact that people will act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have, and that is our attitude....I was once told life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And I have come to realize just how true that statement is. The good thing is we are in charge of our own attitudes. My desire is to have an attitude that is pleasing to God and inviting to be around. We've heard it said, "I like them but they have such an attitude I just don't want to be around them." God help me, that is never a comment said about me. I want to have an attitude that is pleasing to God in the good times and in the bad! There have been some bad times as of late but life is good and it's all just that...Life! My wise Mother says, we are on a journey and on a journey we may end up heading down a road that we've never been so we have no idea where we will end up but the main thing is trust God and know that at the end of the road he will always be there and he made the road and knows where it leads. So where "He" leads me I will follow with a good attitude and knowing that whatever happens is for a reason. And in that I am a firm believer! The only thing I know for sure in life is GOOD, God is in control and so as Brother Burgess once preached, Just Sail On :):)

2 comments:

Dallas and Dakota's Mom said...

Hmmmm, are you talking to me????LOL
We all know I can grab an attitude very quickly huh.
But I get over it quickly usually because in my opinion its not worth it, to let someone else send me to hell because they acted rude. lol
And my youngest son, whoowee, pray for him for he fights that attitude thing all the time, actually I don't think he fights it currently, hopefully he will fight it when he gets older, right now he lets it consume him. lol he takes after his mother with his father's temper.
Anyways, love you....

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndi, Thank you for allowing me to read your blogs. They are very uplifting and are often exactly what I have been thinking on myself. It is good to know that we are not alone in our struggles nor the only one with that situation. We all have a choice. We can be the thermometer or the thermastat. One checks and one SETS the temperature. I much prefer to believe that in a heated moment, I will SET it by staying cool. It always helps to take a moment to breathe deeply and calm down. Conversely, when things are dire, a smile goes a long way. Again, I enjoy your blogs and your attitude def brightens my day. Thank you.