
Okay I always get accused of preaching *LOL* but sometimes I just get a thought and so I write it down in thought and sometimes in Poems. And perhaps those who are complaining genuinely need a sermon.... Hehehehehehe had to say it....Don't believe in woman preachers but a little sermonette in writing, now that's different.
Tonight Pastor preached about falling in love with Jesus. I began to think about what it's like “When we fall in love, we want to spend time with the object of our affection and willingly give our attention to the relationship. Falling in love with Jesus should be no different, but many times we often hasten through Bible reading and prayer. The result is a superficial faith kept alive by habit rather than worship. To attain lasting intimacy, we must approach God with a sense of purpose and determination. My mind began to think about Steven and how due to circumstance he must work away from home and so therefore is away from me and how much I miss him. I thought about how many times throughout the day we call each other just to say I love you or just to hear each others voice. But it's not the same as being together. It's hard knowing he's not here to wrap his arms around me and tell me everything is going to be OK. On the weekends when he's home I want him to be with me every second and when he wraps his arms around me and says I love you it's so different then just talking on the phone. Even though we mean what we say being together and hearing it is so much more intimate.I miss him so much I just want to be near his side and have him hold me tight and say I love you.I know there is a reason for everything and God has it all in His hands and all things work for good to those who love Him.
I began to think how many times our relationship with God is just the same. It's like we leave and we call to say I love you but yet we never really have that relationship He longs to have with us because we are too busy....yes we talk to Him and even on a daily basis but we never get so close to Him that we can actually feel his arms around us telling us, "It's gonna be OK" It's like when you mark on an accountability sheet..I prayed...I read my Bible...But did we really pray. Or did we just talk to God because that's what we're supposed to do. OK here comes an open book...that's why writing it down is so hard for me....I mean I understand the whole concept and know why a Pastor would do this. It still just seems like a tally sheet at times... But it does keep one aware of your dedication and time spent doing so....It's not that I don't pray but the feeling of feeling obligated to do so is never the same as just talking with Him...just because!
I love Him so much and I'm thankful He is with me and is my closest friend. Without him life would be so meaningless. Pastor has been teaching for more than a year now on "Knowing God" and it's true meaning. Through these lessons I have grown so much in him and I am thankful that I truly "Know Him" and He is here with me and walking beside me guiding my footsteps everyday. Wrapping his arms around and hearing Him say it's all OK means the world to me. God is SO good! I want to be all He wants me to be and feel His arms around me everyday.
2 comments:
awesome. just awesome.
Yep, you should teach the next ladies conference. ;)
But yep you are right on the money there. very good
Post a Comment