Thursday, May 28, 2009

28 Wonderful Years!







The year was 1980, and a 17-year-old named Cyndi was getting ready for a night out with her friend, 17-year-old Steven Ashworth. Neither or them had a clue that they were about to enter what would be the first night of someday 28 years they'd spend together by the year 2009.

Steven came with his cousin Haney and picked Cyndi and his cousin Carla up and they all headed to a tent revival in Tenino Washington at Brother Starks church. It didn't take very long for the friendship Steven and Cyndi shared to turn into something more.

Even after Cyndi went back to her home 80 miles away they begin to see each other every weekend and talked on the phone every night. 10 cents a minute and we took turns calling and would sit and talk for hours. Well... Cyndi would talk and Steven would listen :):) no cell phones or email back then. Cyndi still has every letter Steven sent her. All 43 of them :)She wrote too many to store *L* his Mom said if he didn't have a letter waiting on his bed every night when he came home from work he would be disappointed.
She once sent him a card. "Better to have loved a short girl than to have never loved Ital." And that love still holds true today!

The love that Steven and Cyndi share is one that everyone longs to find. They both knew that they were destined to share their lives together and 10 months later married on May 15Th 1981.

It's been 28 years and the love keeps getting stronger and they treasure every moment God allows them to be together.
We've had our share of problems, but we managed to work them out."
"You don't go off the handle just because we have a problem or two."
"All I can say is, just work things out!" "Always remember to say I love you." And truly mean it when you say it. Don't let it become just words.

This past week we went away for a few days and just enjoyed each others company. We have lots of pictures somewhere out there but I can't post them because somehow amidst the travels we managed to donate our camera to a thief.
So the memories will lie forever in our minds.

It's been forever since I posted on my blog and had big plans to post all of our pictures. Even though that's not possible I hope you enjoy the pictures from the past. Of a young couple who fell in love and it get's sweeter with each passing year.


Thought you might find this interesting: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/38653/title/Still_crazy_(in_love)_after_all_these_years

7 comments:

MysticsKryten said...

Aw, ya'll just still look oh so precious!! Almost makes me jealous!! jk.

Anonymous said...

good to see you still know where this site is. I thought maybe,just maybe you had lost the name.

I was thinking maybe I will start looking around on the www. to see if I can find those pictures. Why would someone steal my camera so fast. I just left it for a min. I guess it must be due to the economy. Everyone needs a cheap camera.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realise I looked like such a dork. My goodness am I going to look back in another 20 years and say man I looked like a dork again at 40?

Anonymous said...

LOL I'll have you know you were the cutest "dork" if thats the case. And still are :):) I hear thats not a good word according to some so maybe you should refer to it as nerd. *L* Although I was never one to be taken by a nerd...You was and still are a hottie!

Anabel said...

You guys shouldn't leaven ANONYMOUS writing we know who it is..lol.. and Man you guys were the biggest hillbilly lookin couple I've seen since I left Round Mtn.. LOL...

Princess Sarah said...

awww.
i have been waiting forever for you to post
beautiful pictures :)
love and miss you

MysticsKryten said...

Anabel - You think they look hillbilly!??!!?!? idk why, but i find that just hilarious!!! and i dont think bro steve that you will look back and say you looked like a "dork/nerd" in 20 years... those words may not even exist anymore!! kinda like they dont now... hahahahahahahaha. just kidding!

Sonia