Monday, November 30, 2009

West Coast Conference

Pastor Phil White, Burbank, California

Pastor Michael Hearn, Keizer, Oregon

Pastor Crawford Coon, Jena, Louisiana

Pastor Clifford Clark, Ontario, California

Pastor R.D. Frazier, Fontana, California


Picking up Steven at Sac Airport


Some of the handsome men single at WCC:)






Wow Time flies... Here I am posting a post about something that has already been one month ago. But it's affect still lingers on in my heart.
West Coast conference. WCC WOW!! What can I say. Every year I go I come home with something special that I keep in my heart and allow to work. There were so many good speakers. So much fun meeting and being with Family and friends. And most of all. Having all my kid's there. It has been my dream for many years and God has granted to me the most important thing in life to me. If my Dad and Mom would have been there then the whole experience would have been orchestrated by Angels. Next year by faith the Orchastra will strike that song and we will all be there together. I've already reserved a room for them:)

Brother Coon preached one specific message that was so powerful to me. Most of the time when things hit close to home they hold more power than others. That's why God knows what each of us needs and just how to penetrate through our hearts at the right time. He told the story of how his father backslid and remarried and the many years his mother continued to be faithful and raise the kids in the church and live for God all the while praying for her backslid husband. Knowing what seemed impossible for man was possible for God. How soon we forget these things and lose hope for people who seem so far from Him. He told how his Dad did not want to live for God. He wanted nothing to do with the church.

My Mom always says God is a gentleman and he will not force himself in. He will knock. Well I know from experience. God may knock and we may try to ignore but He won't give up easy. Because He is our father and we are forever on his mind. And when He finally says enough is enough it doesn't matter where we are. And God has a way of getting a hold of us whether we want Him to or not. Because deep within the heart of every man there is that longing to have God and know Him in all of his fullnes. As Josh put it so well in his sermon Sunday evening some of us are more hard headed... not necessarily hard hearted... but more hard headed than others. But in the end it is up to us to pray for those who cannot pray for themselves. If we pray for those whom we love and believe.... GOD WILL grant our petition. But we can't stop believing. We can't lose faith in these last day's because what if... we are the only one praying for that one soul.

I do feel sorry for the one we are praying for because it can sure be a miserable life until they let God soften that hard head:) Long story short. Bro. Coon's Dad.... His wife left him for another and his life was in shambles he told his son if only his mother would forgive him and love him again he would change. And it has been many years since that time and his father and Mother are remarried and living for God. To hear the whole story you would know it was only a miracle from God. And a faith builder for me to know that God never gives up... so why in the world should we say well they have a choice and I guess they choose not to live for God... If God were to look at it that way. Neither I nor Josh would be living for him today. So never lose faith when praying for the lost. No matter how far they may seem. Know that 1 day is as a 1000 to God and He has it all in control.

WCC was awesome and I can't wait until next year. The nuggets of gold I bring home are far more than the gold that this world holds. God is good. God is faithful and his promises are everlasting.

1 comment:

mom said...

Well,hold that room for us,we never know what tomorrow might bring.Keeping the faith is really what it's all about,my prayer is that not only your Dad,but,your brother too,will realize, where there is breath, there is hope.In the end being right with the lord is all that really matters.