
So Many times I think of God's awesome ways and I stand in awe wondering just why we ever think He doesn’t have it all in control. Many times I would look up in prayer and ask God if He was really listening. Knowing all the while He was but wondering all the same if my prayers were in vain.....About two years ago I thought things could never get worse. As a parent I wondered just how much was really more than a person could bear when it came to the things we were facing. First what looked like would be the death of our only son and then the thought of him behind bars was more than I could comprehend in my mind. I prayed everyday that God would somehow have his hand in it all and now I look back in time and I see how God had it all mapped out and how it took each piece of the puzzle to create this beautiful plan of His,
I even remember asking God to please spare Joshua’s life and allow him to be saved and then if He wished to take him home I had dedicated Joshua to Him as a baby and if once he was full of the Holyghost he decided to take him I would understand. I did all but beg God to save my only son before he died.
So… as I watched him preach Sunday Night about complacency and worship. he brought out how complacency (a feeling of quiet pleasure or security, often while unaware of some potential danger, defect, or the like; self-satisfaction or smug satisfaction with an existing situation, condition, etc. ) soon leads to apathy (absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.) which brings calamity (An event that brings terrible loss, lasting distress, or severe affliction; a disaster) The calamity may take years before it comes our way but when we become complacent in our walk with God it is inevitable this will be the path that follows. How he brought out these things and talked about how easy it is to become complacent in our walk with God. It made me think of my past and the time in my life when I became complacent and walked away from all that was good in life and I often wonder if that is why calamity came in the life of my child. But God in his unending mercy turned it all into a prefect picture. To see Josh standing up there preaching and to see Janaya singing praises to the almighty God and my daughter in law worshipping with hands raised when just a few short years ago all of us were either backslid or lost not even knowing there was a God. And to know my son in law is now following the call of God on his life and my Husband who has remained faithful through the years is dedicated and living an overcoming life....I have so much to be thankful for. My God is so merciful and amazing I can never thank Him enough for all He has done for my family and me. He is so amazing. I watch and wait, wondering just what he has in store for us all. Because of who He is I know there is nothing to fear. Even though I have so many questions concerning my life at this moment I know I have nothing to fear. One day at a time! One prayer at a time! One miracle at a time! God is in control and for that I shall be forever grateful to my one true love. There is none who can compare to my Jesus. My friend!
1 comment:
all i can say is amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love mom
Post a Comment