Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Revised Poem for My Former pastor, My Uncle, My Friend

Glenneith Burgess who was born in on July 12, 1944 and passed away on November 18, 2011. You will live forever in our memories and our hearts

You were the brightness in our lives

No matter how dim the day

Your prayers sustained me

When I had slipped away

You brought us laughter and hope

When life seemed so bleak

Guiding us through the hard nights

When there were no words to speak

Your heart of Gold stopped beating

You are now at rest

God has taken many on before

But when He took you, Uncle Glenneith

He definitely took the best

I know there comes a time

When we all have to leave

But when He called you home

I couldn't help but grieve

My heart still aches with sadness

And secret tears still flow

What it meant to lose you

no one will every know

No matter how dim it may seem today

Or how dark the night may feel,

I know He'll give me peace

For His promices are real

No comments: